(Jungle Safari in Nepal)
Nepal is very rich in flora and fauna. Out of total geographical area of Nepal, 16% is occupied by the National Parks, Wildlife reserves and conservation areas. Jungle Safari in Jeep or elephant back is the thrilling experience in Nepal. It is the best way to explore the jungle and the wildlife of Nepal.
Jungle Safari Tour in Nepal is easy and pleasant as well as adventurous trip across the National Parks of the Terai Region. The parks are very popular for elephant safari, dugout canoeing, nature walk, bird watching and jungle excursion. Chitwan National Park, Bardiya National Park, Suklaphanta National Park, Parsa National Park are the major National Park in Nepal that offer great Jungle Safari Tours. The Jungle Safari in Nepal can be a very amazing experience for any visitors in these parts of Nepal. You can also get the opportunity to see some of the rare and endangered species of animals and birds.
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan Jungle Safari is a relaxing and refreshing safari at the sub-tropical jungles of Chitwan National Park. UNESCO designated Chitwan National Park as a National World Heritage Site in 1984. Since then, it is a center of attraction to many national and international visitors. A total 68 species of mammal, 56 species of herpeto fauna and 126 species of fish have been recorded in the park. The park is especially renowned for its protection of One Horn Rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tiger and Gharial crocodile. In addition, a total of 544 species of birds has been recorded so far including 22 globally threatened species including critically endangered Begal Florican, Slinder Billed vulture, White Rumped Vulture and Red Headed Vulture. So, Jungle Safari is the best way to explore all them. The other activities like jungle walk, bird watching, canoeing, elephant bathing, elephant breeding etc. are the attraction of this park.
Bardiya National Park
Bardiya Jungle Safari is the second most popular jungle Safari tour after Chitwan National Park Jungle Safari in Nepal. It is the largest protected area in the Terai region of Nepal. Bardiya Jungle Safari takes you through the forest and the lands beside the banks of Karnali River and on the foothills of Siwalik Hills. The major attractions of this park are one-horned rhinoceros Asiatic elephant, Gangetic Dolphin, etc. Bird watching, ox-cart drive, nature walk, swimming, elephant bathing, are also some other attractions of this safari. Altogether there are about 25 Royal Bengal Tigers and about 100 one horned rhinoceros in the Park. About 70% of the park is covered with Sal jungle, and the remaining 30% is a mixture of grassland, savannah as well as riverine forest. The park contains eight types of ecosystem. This park is a home to 19 of Nepal’s 39 legally protected species.
Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve
Shuklaphanta wildlife reserve is one of the largest national parks in Nepal. The reserve is also one of the richest wildlife reserves in Asia due to its pristine sub-tropical environment. The park is relatively remote and unexplored. This park consists of Royal Tiger, deer, 478 varieties of birds, and also one of the rare and largest known Asian Elephant, spotted deer, barking deer, hog deer, monkeys, crocodile, birds, cobra, python and also many more. Jungle safari tour is the best way to explore the wilderness of this park. This reserve was the Royal hunting reserve in 1969. It is therefore known as Royal Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve.
Parsa National Park
This National Park is located in inner Terai Region. Parsa wildlife jungle safari gives an opportunity to explore the nature as well as culture of Nepal. The forest consists of tropical as well as sub-tropical plants. It has 500 species of birds and is famous for reptiles and snakes like, cobra, python, King cobra, etc This park also has a good numbers of rare animals like Asian Elephant, Royal Bengal Tiger, leopard, wild dog, musk deer, sambar deer, loth bear, hyena, jungle cat etc. This park also provides the rare opportunity to experience the natural beauties. Before being converted to national park, it was a hunting ground. Jungle safari in this park will provide to the best opportunity to explore and encounter the different species of flora as well as fauna.